Job Announcement: Network and Database Administrator
21 May 2018
||Network and Database Administrator
|Num. of Positions
||Interested applicants should submit detailed and up-to-date curriculum vita and other supportive documents before the closing date to the Office of Human Resources. All documents will not be returned, therefore do not include original testimonials.
Golis Telecom is looking for an experienced IT Network engineers to install, troubleshoot, and maintain Database Servers and Network equipment across multiple regions, These successful candidates will be implementing new network designs, New Database Servers and troubleshooting their daily issues for our large customer base, These Engineers will be working in a great team environment, have lots of opportunities for training, but will be expected to learn and implement on his own as well.
We want someone who’s experienced in a fast paced, medium sized background, has experience in Database Management Systems and a network Administration.
We are looking for a Team Player, someone with the desire to do a great job, and be part of a rapidly growing company with a proven success record. We are looking for a problem solver who can think outside the box and can also follow general guidelines.
- Ensures the stable operation planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networks.
- Analyzes and resolves Network problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Assists the Service and Support team with hardware installations and troubleshooting.
- Perform network design and capacity planning.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Maintain and verify backup servers/systems.
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
- Good in network monitoring solutions such as Nagios and other NMS.
- Administer all equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts permissions.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Develop, document, and train on hardware installation and troubleshooting procedures.
- Good RDBMS understanding.
- SQL expertise.
- Oracle expertise.
- Database Security.
- Database Backup & disaster plan.
- Cluster Management, Replication & Mirroring.
- Database Performance, Monitoring and analyze.
- MSSQL server, MySQL & Oracle administration.
- Server Hardware Installation, troubleshooting, and
- Operating System installation, updates, security, and performance monitoring.
- Windows 2008 R2 / 2012 R2.
- Linux – RHEL.
- Storage solution concepts (SAN & NAS)
- Installation & maintenance.
- Performance & health monitoring.
- Excellent English verbal and proven written communication skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, ICT ,Information Systems or related specialty
- Certifications desirable: CCNA, CCNP, MCSE certifications helpful
- Operating Systems: Windows (2000/XP/2003/2008 and 2012 Server), Linux, Unix).
- Redhat Certified Technician for Linux
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional for SQL Server 2008 Developer+ Administrator + Performance
- Oracle Database Administrator + Oracle Database Developer+ Oracle RAC
- CompTIA Server+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Storage+
General Characteristics Desired:
- Rapid learning
- Estimation and critical thinking
- Independent and self-managing when needed
- Ability to work in outside environment
- Ability to travel within the country on short notice
- Must perform well in a high stress environment with tight deadlines
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication
- Desire to mentor others and collaborate with teams
- Passionate and creative
- Hands-on and practical
- A focus on results
- Commitment to quality
Human Resource Department