Job Announcement: Telecommunication Engineer
03 Apr 2017
|Num. of Positions
||Interested applicants should submit detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae and other supportive documents before the closing date to the Office of Human Resources. Documents will not be returned and should not include original testimonials.
Golis Telecom is looking for an experienced Engineer to install, troubleshoot, and maintain telecom equipment. The successful candidate will be implementing new network designs and troubleshooting daily network connectivity. The Engineer will have lots of opportunities for training, but will be expected to learn and implement on his own as well.
Candidate should be experienced team player in a fast paced service provider environment. We are looking for a problem solver who can think outside the box and can also follow general guidelines.
- Contribute to the Company vision of being the industry leader
- Planning, installation and maintenance of RF equipment including satellite earth stations and microwave links.
- Planning, installation and maintenance of fiber optic transmission systems
- Assist field technicians in troubleshooting transmission links
- Conduct hardware and software upgrades
- Perform RF Troubleshooting, Radio Parameter adjustments and tunings
- Perform Analysis of log data and report on Radio Network Performances
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor including emergency calls.
- Bachelor Degree in Telecom or related Engineering field
- Technical excellence combined with leadership
- Excellent English: verbal and proven written communication skills
- Certifications desirable: CFOT, CET, etc.
- Working experience in Telecom or related fields is an advantage
General Characteristics Desired:
- Rapid learning and critical thinking
- Independent and self-managing when needed
- Ability to travel within the country on short notice
- Must perform well in a high stress environment with tight deadlines
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication
- Desire to mentor others and collaborate with teams
- A focus on results and quality
Human Resource Department